Art and wine cellar
Good wine and the high art of indulgence
Like in every high-class hotel you will also find true treasures in the wine cellar at the four-star Kristiana Hotel in Saalbach. The art and wine cellar was designed with an eye for the detail by Klaus and Johann Breitfuss. The weekly art and wine presentations by and with Johann Breitfuss in winter are legendary.
Good wines and stronger beverages can be found in the rustic atmosphere in the Kristiana wine cellar, which was of course also artistically enhanced by Johann Breitfuss. The result is a very special place that you won’t find at other hotels.
On our wine menu you will find top wines by well-known and partly less famous Austrian top-viticulturists as well as international first-class products. The host himself makes sure that the quality is right. Johann Breitfuss is an experienced sommelier and emphasizes to know where the best wines are stored in the cellar. During the weekly wine degustation he gladly presents his personal selection.
A selection from the wine cellar:
- Grüner Veltliner from the Hirtzberger Vineyard, Wachau Domain, Schmelz
- Riesling from the Nigl Vineyard, Knoll
- Sauvignon Blanc from the Sabathi Vineyard
- Weißburgunder from the Groß Vineyard
- Blaufränkisch from the Iby Vineyard
- Zweigelt from the Umathum Vineyard, Glatzer
- Cuvées red wine from the Schloss Halbthurn Vineyard, Markowitsch, Igler, etc.